Thursday, July 3, 2008

summer flowers and Dennis' return






I flew to Sacramento on Sunday and drove back to Montana with Dennis yesterday. He has been gone since my dad's visit in early June so it's good to have him home again. Even though I was only gone for 4 days, the garden went crazy during a heat spell. Fortunately, thunderstorms in the area dumped a lot of rain on the garden beds. There were no pea pods on the plants when I left, but today  I harvested an entire bowl full of them. We are definitely having sauteed pea pods for dinner tonight.

A few cuties are blooming now. I don't know the names of these 2 composite flowers. The pink dogbane is a little shrub that comes up late spring and blooms for over a month. It just started blooming before I left and the aroma is like a sweet perfume. 

1 comment:

dcooper53 said...

Looks like heaven to me! Would love to be there instead of in this heat wave in Cali.