Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Garden life

The "big boy". I look for him every year and this morning Hubby nearly ran over him with the Mule as he rested on the asphalt. By the time we came back from our walk he was gone.

New in the garden this year is kohlrabi. I've never even eaten it before so we'll see if it merits space in next year's garden.

Finally some pollinators on the Hill although I would prefer this bumbler visited my pepper and winter squash plants instead of this wild bergamot.

Another pollinator, the European honey bee. We had so few of them last year, I'm glad to see they've found the garden this year.

We had another bear sighting yesterday evening thanks to Cali and her uber guard dog behavior. The minute she was let outside to lay on the lawn she started barking her head off and looking up the hill. Sure enough, there was a young cinnamon colored bear ambling up the hill. No time to get my camera as we had to try and get Cali to quit following the bear.

No comments: