Friday, August 21, 2009

I knew it wasn't chipmunk poop

Some critter kept leaving little droppings by the upstairs door. I would clean them up every morning and the next day there would be more. Hubby said it was from a chipmunk which I doubted until one morning I saw one up on the deck while I was reading the morning paper. It still didn't make sense to me because there's nothing on the deck for a chipmunk to eat. Yesterday I saw little droppings on the patio right by the spa. Aha! I looked up under the deck and saw these darlings. This is a terrible pic, but I didn't want to have the flash go off and scare them away. They could fly on my head and then I would really flip my lid! After careful searching I found four little brown bats. So small, only about 2-3 inches. They are really wedged in between these boards. We read in one of our animal guides that bats have a night roost and a day roost. Obviously, the night roost is by the upstairs door and this is their day roost.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I would be freaking out!!Bats freak me out! What do they eat?