Sunday, June 8, 2008

My salad bowl runneth over


This morning I harvested a lot of spinach and arugula. I'm going to try to freeze the spinach for later use as it's too much for me to eat. I may end up with a Ziploc bag of green goo, but I'll give it a try. I'm halfway tempted to compost one of the rows of spinach just to alleviate the stress of having to pick it all the time. The lettuce is more manageable, but I still have too much. I picked a few radishes this morning, but because Dennis and my dad left for CA, I suppose I'll have to eat them. I don't even like radishes. I only grow them for Dennis. Maybe Cali will eat them.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Mark and I love radishes and those look yummy! I just got up to date on on the picures and your whole garden looks beautiful. And that deck is gorgeous too. You guys have sure done a lot to the property. Now if the weather would just be perfect all the time...Give Cali a big hug from the Nichols!