Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hummingbirds


The first hummingbird arrived May 5th. What a welcome sight! Of course with all the work going on around the house with the new siding, I had to move the feeders into the garden. It was clear that the first bird was a regular from last year as he looked for the feeders in the usual spots only to come away disappointed. I hoped he would stick around long enough to find the new feeder location. I mean, I only bought every red flower at the nursery to point him in the right direction. Since that first bird, we now have several visiting. I'm back to the old grind of making sugar water every other day to make sure the feeders are filled. I don't mind though. I cry when they leave in mid August. Here is a beautiful female Calliope with a gorgeous view of Lolo Peak for her dining backdrop. (Trust me, she's at the feeder, she's just little.)

No comments: